The TMJ Association (TMJA) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the quality of health care and lives of everyone affected by temporomandibular disorders (TMD).
We achieve our mission by:
- Encouraging basic and clinical research on TMD to provide greater understanding and safer and more effective methods of diagnosis and treatment based on scientific evidence.
- Serving as a resource for the collection and dissemination of information on advances in research, treatment, insurance practices, patients' rights, and legal and ethical issues.
- Connecting TMJ patients with those who can provide knowledgeable support and empathetic understanding.
- Advocating for the needs of TMJ patients.
- Promoting awareness of TMD among the public, policy makers, research and health care communities.
- Communicating with elected officials, government agencies, professional organizations, community leaders and other policy makers concerning TMJ issues.
- Collaborating with a prestigious Scientific Advisory Board.